Sunday, November 9, 2014

Proverbial Sweet Night




There are three things which are too wonderful for me, no, four which I do not understand: The way of an eagle in the sky, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the middle of the sea, And the way of a man with a maid. Proverbs 30:19 

 I must add a fifth.
The way of Linford's
hands upon piano keys.
I weep because it feels 
the same when God 
plays me. 

And a sixth.
The way honey escapes
honeycomb's wax cap.
Is it beads of honeyed tears 
or beaded honey sweat?

And also a seventh.
The way honeyed music
weeps and sweats.
It escapes ivory keyboard
confines, floods the black stage
floor, and oozes thick
and slow over the edge.   





Yes. Do buy Over the Rhine's new Christmas Album - Blood Oranges in the Snow
My favorite is Let It Fall. Find a hanky. Honey and tears heal…… 

Their concerts are warm and hospitable. We can't wait for them to return to Seattle next year.