Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sugar is Toxic Poison

Here are my top links that have educated me on the perils of sugar. Pilgrim, we don't have to live this way or feel this bad or have the health problems we have. I've had the biggest epiphany of my life and have radically changed what I eat. It was change or deteriorate….losing life as I know it.

One of the things that helped me understand why I've had a weight problem, so much neuropathy pain and other health issues over the years is this: I've worn out my pancreas and it is tired. My body is blocking the profuse amounts of insulin being pumped out and soon won't be able to produce any more insulin.

I did not know that sugar is hidden in savory things. More and more. Things that shouldn't have sugar like bouillion, salsa, soup, my beloved Siracha, ketchup, mayo, and horror of horrors - almost every deli rotisserie chicken - which I've used on the fly for unexpected company or a quick dinner - is basted with a sugar base. Along with most everything else processed or in a package. That's why it is caramelized and why it tastes so good. And why we're addicted and still feel hungry. And want more and more and more.

It's worse than cocaine or heroin, they say. It's real. Robert Lustig made me cry when he said, "You're not a sloth or a glutton, you've been tricked." I didn't know. Now I do. What am I going to do about it? I'm quitting. Sugar. Forever. Even fruit is something that should be eaten once in a while for a treat. With my compromised, overworked pancreas making me insulin resistant - I'll eat it rarely, and never with a fat or protein. The FDA and the food pyramid and the Diabetic Association have sold us out. Really, really.

And it's not just fat people who are part of this epidemic, thin people are getting diabetes, cancer, dementia, MS, and heart failure too. Sugar is the culprit.

I've been relearning habits and learning to cook in a different way. Planning, shopping and prepping for the week has helped me immensely, making it sustainable. I'm not eating sugar in ANY FORM right now. I'm reading labels like never before. I need to keep a magnifying glass in my purse because some of the print is nearly impossible to read. It's there, but not really.

I'm mainly buying real food, which I've done off and on for years. My blood sugar is back to a normal range both after eating and morning fasting. I'm going back in for an A1C test in January to confirm the turn around. I'm sad my doctor didn't tell me about options. Metformin is what he recommended with insulin looming in my future.

Robert Lustig gives the 56 names of sugar hidden in processed food. Sometimes there are 4-5 in one package all with different name. I had no idea.

Here's my list of curated links from YouTube and a few from Amazon. If you've been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or if you are feeling like your health is deteriorating - please consider looking up these links and watching them. You don't have to take a pill or go on insulin in order to keep your organs, your eyesight, your limbs and your health.














This is done poorly, but the info in it is good. Poor woman is almost dying on stage. She must be so sick/old? If you stay with it, there is some good stuff...


BOOKS: 

http://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Sugar-Startling-National-Addiction/dp/0757003060/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447869614&sr=1-1&keywords=nancy+appleton

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Chance-Beating-Against-Processed/dp/0142180432/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447869678&sr=1-1&keywords=robert+lustig

This guy was ridiculed by his peers so shamefully that he retreated from society. But he was right. Thirty years later......

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-White-Deadly-Sugar-Killing/dp/0143125184/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51C9kOrfD6L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR105%2C160_&refRID=106AVG7GHBA8GCR3CZC8

http://www.sarahwilson.com   

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoeHarcombe   She’s my favorite! I love her.